Welcome to this page!
This guide assists students and researchers in identifying useful geosciences resources on the topics of geology, meteorology, geography, and geospatial sciences. Click the tabs above to locate journal articles, Web resources, maps, and reference sources. Please contact the Reference Desk on the 2nd floor of Mitchell Memorial Library, (662) 325-7667, or, ask-a-librarian for further assistance with any of these resources or with any questions. For Collection Development needs and suggestions, please contact Lona Hoover on the 1st floor of Mitchell Memorial Library, (662) 325-4618.
Doing research? Try the following resources to begine. Click on the Research Databases tab for additional resources that may be useful for your specific research area.
- Online Catalog
- Searches the collections of MSU Libraries as well as other libraries in the area
- Useful for finding material that provide a good overview of your research topic
(You must be current MSU faculty, staff, or currently enrolled students to access the resources below.)
- Multidisciplinary database with over 41 million records.
- Provides nearly 100% coverage of MedLine and Engineering Village Compendex.
- Offers tools to track, analyze, and visualize research.
- Searches over 50 research databases and the online catalog simultaneously
- Databases searched include Academic Search Complete, Business Source Complete, Computer Science Index, Environment Complete, and more!
(If the MSU Libraries does not provide access to an article or other item you need, you may request it through Interlibrary Loan.)