On March 1, 1907, under the provisions of the Nelson Amendment to the First and Second Morrill Acts, 43 land-grant colleges entered the FDLP, including then Mississippi A & M College. This was the largest group of libraries ever to enter the program in a single year. The present selective depository collects an extensive 89 percent of the print and online document series offered by the U.S. Government Publishing Office (GPO) Federal Depository Library Program (FDLP).
The Federal Depository Library Program provides permanent access to government publications through Federal depository libraries and the FDLP Electronic Collection. A program of the U.S. Government Printing Office (GPO) under the statutory authority of Title 44 of the United States Code, the mission of the FDLP is " to provide for no-fee ready and permanent public access to Federal Government information, now and for future generations."