Skip to Main Content
- Log into your mySTATE account.
- Click on the 3-bar menu button (aka "hamburger") to the left of the “mySTATE” logo in upper far left corner.
- Click on “Office” from the menu banner on the left.
- Sign into Digital Measures (DM) in the top right box; you are automatically directed to the “Activities” page.
- Click on “Publications.”
- Click on the "Import" button.
- Under “Import from a Third Party” select ORCID in the dropdown menu.
- You can register for an ORCiD or connect to your existing iD by clicking on the “Collect or connect” button. [NOTE: Sign in with the institutional account option.]
- You will be asked for permission to connect ORCID to DM; allow this permission by clicking on "Authorize."
- A list of publications and other content will be pulled from your ORCiD record; you may select individual items or all to be imported, but be sure they are all publications. The system will also indicate if there are duplicate items, in which case, you may skip those items so they aren’t entered twice.
- MS State collaborators may be noted.
- Conduct a final review of items to import and then click on "Import."
- Check the data that has been imported into your DM record to ensure correct placement of data in specific fields.
- Periodically import bibliographic data from CrossRef, Scopus, Web of Science (ResearcherID), Google Scholar, and other sites into your ORCiD record, then at the end of the academic year (or whenever the spirit moves you) log into DM and import your publication metadata from ORCID into that record.
It's as simple as that!