Article: A written piece on a specific topic found in a journal, periodical, magazine, or newspaper
Peer Reviewed Process: When an article is submitted to a scholarly journal, it is evaluated by experts in the field who examine the article's originality, quality of research, clarity of presentation, etc. and determine if the article falls within the scope of the publication. Also known as refereed, scholarly or academic.
1. Search Article Databases (on the right) to see if MSU has article on your subject. (Here's a Tutorial.)
2. If you find an article, but don't find the full-text in the database, use the Find It button to search all MSU databases.
3. If we don't have the full-text online in any database, use the "Direct Link to Title" to search the Online Catalog.
4. If we don't have the article you want online OR in print, use Interlibrary Loan to get it from another library.
1. If you have your citation, use the Online Catalog to search for the Journal name. The Browse search using the "Periodical Title" search is the easiest (try the dropdown menu).
2. If we have the journal, use the button to see if we have your article electronically (search by date or volume).
3. If we don't have the article electronically, look at the Online Catalog record to see if we have it in print.
4. If we don't have it in print or electronically, order it through Interlibrary Loan.
These databases contain journal articles about ageism, aging, and age discrimination. To get more help with research or find more databases, contact your Reference Librarian!
If the MSU Libraries don't have the article you need in print or electronically, order it through Interlibrary Loan.
You must be a current MSU faculty/staff member or student to access these resources.
You can create an email alert for a journal table of contents by either going to the journal website and signing up for the email or RSS feed or getting the RSS feed (see Web Resources tab for how-to) from one of the libraries' databases. Generally, getting the info directly from the journal site itself will be faster.