Got a Citation?
To find an article, type the title into the big white box on the Libraries' Home page.
1. If that doesn't work, and you have the Journal name, use the Online Catalog to search for it. The Exact search using the "Journal Title" search is the easiest (try the dropdown menu).
2. There will be two records, one for print and another for electronic (if we have them).
3. Use the Find It button on the Electronic Resource record. Search by date or volume.
4. If we don't have the article electronically, look at the print record to see if we have that issue. Journals are shelved alphabetically on the first floor of the library.
Find Articles on Your Subject in These Databases
The databases here contain journal articles for plant and soil related landscape architecture research.If the MSU Libraries don't have the article you need in print or electronically, order it through Interlibrary Loan. You must be a current MSU faculty/staff member or student to access these resources.
Set Up Your Own Alerts!
By setting up your own alerts, you can stay on top of what is being published in your research area.
Search Alerts notify you when new articles are added about your research topic. The following steps show how to set up Search Alerts in EBSCO databases (such as AGRICOLA, CAB Abstracts, etc.). Most non-EBSCO databases also allow you to set up alerts.
- Set up a profile for the database you are using
- Perform your search
- Click on Alert/Save/Share
- Click on Create an Alert
- Set your alert preferences.
Table of Contents Alerts
For immediate notification when new issues of your favorite journals become available, set up Table of Contents Alerts.
- Go to the publishers website.
- Find the homepage of the journal.
- Look for the link to to sign up for Table of Contents Alerts.